In “Mushroom Age” you’ll be representing a young woman, girlfriend of the assistant of a weird German professor, Einstein style, named Einlock. This young woman is looking for her missing husband because they are supposed to get married in two days. In the beginning of the game she talks to the professor and he say to her that her husband is at Amsterdam in a conference, but he will be back in a week or so. At such explanation, our young protagonist intends to enter to the laboratory where her husband usually works but the professor refuses that option. Now, you will have to help her do all kind of tasks in this adventure looking for her husband.
Beyond the story, the game could be categorized into the “seek & find” category. There are lots of games alike but this one is different from others since its particular dynamic. The story develops as you play the different levels and scenes. The game basically consists in looking for hidden objects in messy scenes and undertaking special tasks. You’ll be provided with a list of items to find per scene and/or goals to accomplish. Completing a chapter includes to find items and solve tasks in several different scenes. There are some hints available for you to use if you get stuck at any time. Of course, these hints are limited and will cost you a few seconds each time.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be starting the game right away. If you want, you can go back to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Start: to start playing the first chapter of the game, after viewing a game introduction.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full/windowed screen.
- Credits and Exit: to see the game credits and close the game going back to the Windows desktop, respectively.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.99 dollars, right from the Sun Bear Games Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Memory: 512 MB
- DirectX: 8.1 or later
- CPU: P600
- It has great graphics and sound effects
- It’s a fun game with a great scenario
- You can buy it for an affordable price
- The interface is only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported